Germantown Car Accident Attorneys
Cost-Effective Representation You Can Depend On
Considering the number of cars on Tennessee’s roads and highways nowadays, it is no surprise that car accidents occur frequently. While many of these accidents are minor fender-benders, others are much more severe and cause serious, sometimes life-changing injuries.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident in Germantown or the surrounding areas, it is in your best interest to retain an attorney as soon as possible. By hiring a Germantown car accident lawyer right away, you can preserve the evidence, maintain contact with potential witnesses, and improve your chances of building a strong and successful case in your favor.
At Snider & Horner, PLLC, our Germantown car accident attorneys are dedicated to helping injured Tennesseans fight back against powerful insurance companies to obtain the compensation they deserve. We are not satisfied until you have favorably resolved your case.
What to Do after a Car Accident
Immediately following a car accident, you’re probably feeling anxious and overwhelmed. You might not be sure what to do next, but following a few key steps can set you up for success.
We recommend that you:
- Take several photos of your injuries, the damage to the vehicles, and the scene of the accident
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s)
- Seek medical attention even if you do not feel injured, as some injuries take time to reveal themselves
- Refrain from making statements to the insurance company until you have spoken with an attorney
Tennessee is a Fault State
Tennessee is a “fault” state which means that after an accident the driver responsible for the accident is responsible for paying damages. More specifically, Tennessee follows a modified comparative negligence law which means that even if you are partially at fault for an accident you can still pursue damages.
In this scenario your percentage of fault for the accident that led to your injuries and your compensation amount would be determined separately and, in the end, the total damages awarded to you will be reduced by your percentage of fault. You are, however, no eligible to pursue compensation if you are more than 50% at fault for an accident.
Millions Recovered Since 1996
Once we take on a car accident injury case, we get right to work to preserve and uncover evidence and to calculate the compensation to which you are entitled.
In order to build a strong case, we will:
- Interact with insurance companies on your behalf
- Collect testimony from witnesses
- Collect evidence, such as red light camera footage, dashboard camera footage, etc.
- Consult with accident reconstructionists if necessary to determine fault
- Consult with medical professionals to calculate the cost of your current and future medical needs
- Determine the total cost of your property damage and lost income
Don't Wait to Get Help, Schedule a FREE Consultation Today
At Snider & Horner, PLLC, we have the resources of a large firm while maintaining the exceptional service and cost-effectiveness of a small-firm feel. We encourage you to schedule a free consultation with our Germantown car accident lawyers as soon as you have been involved in an accident.
Give us a call at (901) 730-8880. We offer same-day appointments for personal injury cases.